Kreps Ranch LLC Hay, Cattle, & Timber is a family owned ranch residing in Gilmer Valley.
The Kreps Ranch traces its roots back to 1883 when Simon Kreps first homesteaded at Laurel in the western part of the county. The ranch grew to 320 acres by 1926 and raised Hereford cattle until the 1950’s when shorthorns were brought into the mix. In 1967, Russell and Marie Kreps sold the ranch to their two sons, Oliver (Chip) and Russell W. (Bodge). Bodge took about 3,000 acres of timber land and Chip continued to farm and raise cattle on the remaining 7,000 acres.
The herd grew to 700 head of cows by 1986 and began to transition to black baldy cows with the influx of black angus into the herd.
The Kreps Ranch currently is an Angus, cow-calf operation with land in hay and timber operating on several thousand acres roughly bounded by White Salmon and Bingen on the south, Trout Lake in the northwest, east to Panakanic Road, southwest of Laruel, and along the Rattlesnake Creek to Husum.
Kreps Ranch has been recognized as Cattlemen of the year three times, in 2009 with Keith Kreps receiving the award on behalf of the family. Kreps Ranch was also recognized in 1951 with Russell and Marie receiving the award and then again when Chip and Pat were named Cattlemen of the Year in 1984.
421 B-Z Glenwood Hwy
White Salmon, WA 98672
Fax: (509) 493-3939 Find us on Facebook